How to create a skating rink for under 100$

2 December 2019

How to make a skating rink in the garden.

Our kids like to skate. My daughter does figure skating and my son plays ice hockey. My husband therefore decided to make a skating rink in the garden. This is how he made it. He makes a wooden frame around the area in the garden he wants to cover with ice. He then covers it with a huge white tarpaulin. It is important that it is white. If it is dark, the sun will melt the ice. He then fills up with water. When the ice freezes it is a bit bumpy, so he has to slowly water the rink with hot water. This will melt the top layer, so it turns smooth.


Christmas on the ice

My best memory from Christmas 2018 is when we took our loudspeakers outside, played Christmas music on. My husband has also hung dico light on, so we had the best Christmas party in the garden. People walking past stopped and stared. It must look pretty funny.

Learning how to skate as an adult

The kids invite friends over to skate with them all the time, and us adults are also out skating every day. I never learnt how to skate when I was younger, so I am trying to learn now. It is such a great activity, because you will feel that you are improving very fast. You get such a sense of achievement.





No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram