5 things to do before Christmas - in September

3 September 2018


1. Make a budget

If you start buying gifts early, like me, there is a danger that you will forget how much money you have spent on each person. I always have a budget for each person and write down what I have bought for them, and how much it cost. That makes sticking to a budget much easier.

Remember to also estimate how much money you will need for decorations, groceries, events and trips you are going to. Also, it is important to make sure you have a little room in your budget for fun. We always treat ourselves to a few dinners out, going to the spa and so on. If you estimate this into your budget, you won’t have any nasty surprises in January.

2. Make a Christmas masterplan

Now is the perfect time to slowly start planning Christmas. Make a to do list with tasks and dates. Fill in as you go, and be flexible. But just having somewhere to input the tasks you beed to do is a great help to avoid the stress. I always use Wunderlist, but there are several printable lists you could use.  

3. Start a gift list

Send out a request for peoples wish lists. People often need time to start thinking about what they want for Christmas, so the earlier you start asking them, the sooner you can start buying your gifts. Ok they might think you are a little crazy, but think about how much you can save, buying things in the autumn sale.

4. Start your (and your kids?)  gift lists

I have my own wish list all year round really. I put things on it, that I cannot buy there and then, so when people ask me, I know what I need. I also ask my kids to write up things they need and want when we are shopping. They know the are not only allowed to put "want" things on their list, but also some "need" things, like clothes etc.

5. Try some new recipes

We all have the go to dishes we do for parties and get togethers. Maybe you could spend this autumn trying some new recipes? Maybe you will find some new go-to favorites you could do for friends and family this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram