10 things I do before December 1st

28 September 2017

I love spending December relaxing and doing fun activities with the kids, so for me it is all about getting as much done before advent. Here is what I do to keep on top of things and having time to do fun things before Christmas.

1. Plan an advent calendar for someone you love

I do and activity calendar for my kids every year, and I we do an activity together every day before Christmas. It makes the time very special, and we get to spend a lot of time together.


2. Ask people to give you their wish lists

If you ask people for their gift list quite early, the chances are they will have forgotten what they wished for by Christmas, and will get very surprised, and happy you got them exactly what they wanted. 

 3. Get ribbon, gift wrapping and make tags

Make name tags and check that you have plenty wrapping paper, tape and  ribbon.

4. Buy and wrap your gifts

Most things are much cheaper in the autumn sale, so you could spend much less on gifts if you buy them early. Remember to make a budget, and write down what you have bought for everybody and how much it costs. I do most my shopping on the internet and I wrap the presents when they arrive.

5. Make/buy your Christmas cards

Take a picture for the Christmas cards well in advance to ensure you have time to get them printed. I also write a personal greeting on each card.

6. Plan your Christmas meals

I used to buy too much food for Christmas, so I started planning the meals to make sure that nothing went out of date before its is was used. Maybe you need to experiment with some new Christmas recipes too. Start a grocery list and add to it as you can think of things. I also start buying the non-perishable items on my list quite early. 

7. Clean/organize your shelves and drawers

I put one room to organize on my list each week. When you break the job into smaller parts it makes it more manageable. Get rid of out of date products in the kitchen. Go through the kids wardrobes and check if the clothes still fits. Donate, sell and recycle.

8. Get your holiday outfits sorted

Have your kids grown out their nicest clothes? Start before the shops are sold out of the size you need.


9. Invite guest

Find out who is coming to visit your for Christmas and make sure you have enough chairs, glasses, plates and cutlery for everyone.

10. Buy stocking fillers for the kids

My kids put up their stocking the night before Christmas and get lots of candy and small toys when they wake up in the morning. I also plan a treasure hunt around the house for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram