5 things to do before Christmas - in August

12 August 2018

It´s early, I know, and summer is not even over – but yes my friends – we’re going there. This is your chance to enjoy an unrushed advent season, and get ahead of the game. Every month before Christmas I will be posting a new to-do list over things you could be doing to prepare for the holidays.

1. Collect things from nature

In Norway, it has been such a warm summer, that some berries are already ready for picking. We are picking blueberries and redcurrants, and soon the lingonberries will also be ready. I also make sure to pick cones, branches and things I will need for my DIY projects.

2. Homemade gifts?

Let´s face it. December is busy enough. If you are planning to make some gifts, this is a great time to plan and start them.

3. Book Christmas events and trips

Check out what is on this Christmas. Tickets for popular theatre shows, concerts and such are often sold out early. In Trondheim, the theatre are showing the Nutcracker this year, and I made sure we got our tickets, as I know it will be sold out soon. Also if you are planning to travel, it's a good idea to book plane tickets, and hotels early to get better prices.

4. Start decluttering

Sell, donate or get rid of things you do't need. It makes keeping the house tidy much easier. Also it will give you space to store the gifts you buy, and Christmas presents you get.

5. Start a Christmas Pinterest board

The minute I am home from holiday, I start my Christmas Pinterest board. It helps me come up with DIY projects, table decorations and gift wrapping ideas. And also, I like having something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram